Saturday 6 July 2013

Fondant Roses

I've gone a bit crazy buying cake equipment this week. I called into TK Maxx a couple of nights ago and came away with £40 worth of kit (some new tins, a flower mat and ooooo! a dye organiser!), and then this morning I took delivery of a set of rose petal cutters and some polyfoam wired buds. I've ever tried to make fondant flowers before, beyond the kind you can do with plunger cutters. My best friend recently got engaged and she's having a party soon to celebrate. I've said I will do a cake for it as a present and I'm keen to decorate it with some beautiful roses.

It was a little bit of a learning curve, but I think they have turned out okay for a first attempt. I could explain how I did it, but it's much easier to tell you to watch this video 

So here they are. I think I'll crack it completely on my next attempt


No comments:

Post a Comment