Friday 30 August 2013

Adventure Time cake

Well this wasn't without it's mishaps. Maybe I shouldn't be spending my time pointing out what went wrong... but here goes.

I had issues covering the top tier, the fondant ripped in a few places and I had to do a bit of patch job. Lady Rainicorn broke slightly on getting moved (and was hastily glued back together), the boy broke the plaque with his name on it while attempting to play with it as it was drying (and I didn't have time to redo it), and poor Marceline the Vampire Queen didn't survive being transferred from the spot where she was drying onto the cake. She was beyond rescue, RIP Marceline.

All in all though I am very pleased, but most importantly the boy is thrilled with his birthday cake, and that is the most important thing. I really hope when he's older he bugs his wife by saying "my mammy made the best birthday cakes" (just as my husband did with me).

Happy birthday Ethan!







No comments:

Post a Comment