Sunday 4 August 2013

Cookie Monster Giant Cupcake

I have accidentally dyed my hands the colour of a smurf's arse. I decided tonight to bake something just for fun. I haven't done that in a while. For ages I've been dying to have a go at making a Cookie Monster cake. I found myself at a bit of a loose end this evening so I threw one together, my fatal error of course was not letting the dyed desiccated coconut dry out enough before I started to apply it to the cake, thus the blue fingers. Shoulda worn gloves.

So here it is. I baked a giant cupcake, covered it in blue buttercream, stuck chocolate fingers around the base, and applied dyed coconut to the top for the fur look. The eyes were made out of fondant and I made a slit in the top and stuffed a cookie in there. Easy peasy and about two hours (including cooling time) all in.

Now I have to find someone to eat it, because I am failing at this whole diet thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment