Wednesday 26 June 2013

Stick 'em with the pointy end.

I just wasn't happy with my attempts at making fondant models a few days okay, the wolves I made were okay but the Arya figure really hadn't improved much since I tried to model a viking out of plasticine back in Primary Six.

So I had to scrap that idea and re-think it. I took my inspiration from the Pop! Vinyl Game of Thrones figures. First off I tried to make one out of fondant, but that was doomed to failure as well. It managed to collapse under the weight of its massive head.

This called for another re-think.

I stuck with the Pop Vinyl and decided instead to try and render their Arya Stark entirely in cake. So here it is


I used some silver lustre dust mixed with a smidgen of vodka to get the metallic finish on the sword. Happy birthday baby Arya! 

No comments:

Post a Comment